Success. It doesn't matter what you would call success; fame, wealth, passing a test, completing a project, etc it's the end result you were looking for. The completion of something. The end of a chapter.
But it never begins at the end. You don't receive success and then do the work.
You've got to start at the beginning. Today. Where you're at right now in this present moment.
Success begins in right now, in this present moment.
More than that, it begins with your mind, body, and soul being in the present.
How do you know if you're in the present moment or not?
Let's talk about what each one feels like.
If you're not in the present moment you
- feel stuck.
- feel sick, uncomfortable, unfocused.
- may be bouncing around between 10 different projects, totally distracted and wondering where the time went by the end of the day. And what did you even do?
- feel frantic, heart racing, panicking that you haven't finished.
- constantly think about past conversations, reworking them in your head.
- compare yourself to others, daydreaming about what it would be like to be in their shoes, feeling like it's not possible for you.
Now when you're in the present moment you
- feel that present moment.
- have a clear mind.
- feel safe in your body, and feel capable of anything. (or at least the next step)
- have the space to know what needs to get done in order to move closer to your success.
- feel powerful, and you know you will succeed.
- can see the next step.
- can be in the quiet and not feel the need to fill ever space with sound or random tasks.
- feel confident.
Which space do you feel like you're in the most? We all find ourselves outside of the present moment. It's natural to bounce back and forth. What's most important is to notice when you aren't in the present. Notice when you're feeling like that first description.
What to do when you realize you have left the present behind.
First, you noticed it, so congratulate yourself on that. Consider this a success.
Now you need to ground yourself. There are many ways of doing this.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to ground yourself in the present moment:
- Take a walk outside barefoot. Or at least outside if you can't get barefoot. Watching the trees, and listening to the sounds of nature, while taking intentional breaths.
- Lighting a candle and saying a prayer or intention.
- Calling circle for protection and then meditating or doing some sort of ritual to bring you back.
- Meditation with light flowing between Earth and Universe.
- Pull a tarot or oracle card to see what I need to do right now to feel better, feel more grounded.
- Sitting in the sun quietly.
- Moving. Whatever form you love. Running, martial arts, yoga, etc. Just move your body, feel the air in your lungs, let the movement cleans your body, and let it bring you back to the present.
- Create something from scratch. A drawing, an oracle card, or another form of creativity.
What way will you try?
Click here to get the free 12-minute meditation on grounding yourself for success. You'll get the audio recording and a written guide for this meditation.